Tuesday 15 May 2012

My SmashFax

I'm pretty sure that most of you feel really guilty when you have a Filofax sitting at home doing nothing. This could be a cure...

A few weeks ago I feel in love with this American idea of a smash book. A scrapbook idea with inspiration in. I've been mulling this idea over for a few weeks but with money really tight this wasn't an option for me.

I have a love of scrapbooking but don't always have the time/resources to do it often. So....

Out comes this Filofax that I brought off eBay as a storage Filofax but have never filled.


A collection of random scrapbook papers and my hole punch and I created my own version that I have no rules and boundaries of.

Here is how it's looking so far after a weeks worth of setting up. Some pages are private but I would like to share with out what I've done so far...




















This is my absolute favourite double page spread at the minute. I didn't purchase a single thing here. Just things I picked up at the Birmingham clothes show last year, all cut up and put in a pleasing way.
The ministry of craft on the left is actually a pocket with a collection of business cards in (yes there are 3 ray stitch cards there. I'm contemplating working on some with stitching and sketching)









A real use for washi tape other than looking pretty on a page! Actually stick things down!! YAY!!





Right at the back I have some spare pages ready to go if the need calls me.

I hope I have inspired you to think about developing an unused filofax for another purpose (and if you do a similar sort of thing I'd love to see it)

What do you do with your Filofax other than the standard things? I'd love to hear what uses you have.

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Louise, I can't wait to have a go myself!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool - I have a load of scrapbooking papers waiting in the UK for me at the moment so I can do the same sort of thing. Loving the use of the washi tape :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Filofax looks really nice! I couldn't read the inside cover, what is the name of that one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I copy this idea??? It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete